E&J Gallo Winery
4th Floor, Harman House, 1 George St
Uxbridge UB8 1QQ
Luxury Fine Wine Ambassador Europe
E. & J. Gallo Winery Germany (Remote)
Responsible for executing Luxury wine portfolio objectives within assigned regional area, predominately working within the On Trade but with some exposure to premium Off trade.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Drives the distribution and ROS of all our Luxury brands within the Gallo portfolio.
- Works alongside our On Trade distributor partners or sell direct from E&J Gallo Winery.
- Acts on behalf of the best interest of our luxury brands in all activities.
- Establishes and builds relationships with Fine Dining restaurants and fine wine merchants within an assigned area through regular sales calls.
- Build relationships with our On Trade distributor partners field sales teams so that our brands are front of mind of our partners.
- Support the sales team by regularly attending trade events through selling and tastings
- Conducts wine education seminars, consumer events, staff training, and winemaking dinners.
- Acts as the face for our premium brands, works closely with the marketing team to ensure that the correct brand messages are being delivered to both the trade and consumers.
- Advises on forthcoming product developments and discusses special promotions.
- Achieves weekly, monthly and annual Distribution targets and consumers’ activations Records sales and order information; sends copies to the manager.
- Evaluates own performance, aims to meet or exceed targets.
- Gathers market, brand and customer information.
- Reports future buying trends back to manager.
- Generates new leads for distribution on a weekly basis.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Reports directly to Market Development Manager Europe.
- This position will not have direct reports.
- Conflict Management
- Presentation Skills
BUSINESS THINKING & INNOVATION:
- Business Acumen
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Managing & Measuring Work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of category management or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; Or High School diploma or GED plus 6 years of category management or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Full clean driving license required.
- Limited travel required.
- Experience working for a Multi-National Corporation.
- Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of category management or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; Or High School diploma or GED plus 8 years of category management or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience selling premium or luxury products.
- WSET level 3 required / Diploma desired or Certified Advanced Sommelier.
- Expert at presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Self-starter works towards objectives with minimum supervision; actively seeks solutions and alignment.
- Skilled in prioritization and organization.
- Experience securing buy-in on ideas through influence and persuasion
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.